Join events for free with your membership.
Fri, Feb 10|
The Labour Department
Your Roadmap to Having a Baby in The Netherlands
Considering or on your way to having a baby in The Netherlands? From home birth to postpartum Mary Poppins (kraamzorg!), midwifery care, birth hotels, and how many days you have to choose a name for your baby.....this session has you covered with everything you need to know!
Time & Location
Feb 10, 2023, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
The Labour Department, Postjesweg 68, 1057 ED Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Event
Amsterdam doula & matrescence coach Ilena Standring presents a comprehensive roadmap to guide you through what you can expect during pregnancy, birth and beyond here in the Netherlands.
We will address together the myths and urban legends about home birth, pain medication, postpartum Mary Poppins (kraamzorg!), midwifery care, birth hotels, hospitals with power showers and/or birth pools, how many days you have to choose a name for your baby.....and much more in between!
- Do you know the difference between "1st and 2nd line care"?
- Do you worry about the availability of an epidural?
- Are you concerned that nobody has seen your cervix yet?
- Wondering how it will feel to jump into an Uber with a baby thats a few hours old?
- Let's walk through it together, step by step.
Who could this session benefit?
Every woman, man, person, partner, spouse or bestie who might be considering having a baby in the Netherlands or might be considering supporting their person who is having a baby here.
Pregnant people who want to know more about what to expect when you're expecting in NL (even if you've already planned a birth course!); and 2nd or 3rd time round parents who are perhaps new to the world of pregnancy, birth and babies here in NL.
Even if you're in the last weeks of your third trimester, we hope there will be something interesting and informative here for you!
What does the session offer?
- A concise overview of how Dutch maternity healthcare is structured
- A concise overview of how Dutch maternity healthcare is structurednical maternal healthcare
- Where a doula fits in, and where you might find other/extra support
- Your options with regards to birth locations in and around Amsterdam
- Your options for labour support and pain relief
Your Roadmap to Having a Baby€50.00+€1.25 service fee
Are you a member? Be sure to log in to sign up to member events for free