Join events for free with your membership.
Sat, Oct 22|
The Labour Department
Sex-Ed for Families
Sex may have felt easy before parenthood, but throw a baby into the mix and suddenly it can feel like a chore. In this workshop we'll talk about how to better our relationship to sex for ourselves, our partnerships, and our children.
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2022, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The Labour Department, Postjesweg 68, 1057 ED Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Event
For most of us we’ve navigated the world with many unknown assumptions and misinformation around sex, maybe also shame and guilt. Perhaps we consider ourselves sex-savvy, yet communicating our needs with our partner feels daunting. Then throw a baby into the mix and suddenly what was once easy can feel like a chore. And how do we raise our children in a sex-positive way, without imparting the same misinformation and guilt? How do we raise them to be safe and empowered? How do we better our own relationship to sex and our partners? In this light-hearted workshop we’ll cover important topics and tips for ourselves and our partners, to improve what is a vital part of our relationship and family existence, yet most often never discussed. Everyone is welcome. You may come with or without a partner.
Topics will include:
- What we really should know about our bodies and good sex.
- What hits the brakes to our sex drive?
- Navigating the changes to our sex lives through fertility, pregnancy, and parenthood.
- Talking about sex as a couple / What our partners need to hear from us.
- What is sex-positive parenting.
- A form will be sent out before the workshop so that anyone may submit questions, share stories, and topics they wish to address, anonymously.
- Ticket type
Sex Ed for Grown-UpsPrice€40.00
+€1.00 service fee+€1.00 service fee