Sat, May 06|
The Labour Dept.
Prepped to Parent May
A series of four classes designed to boost your confidence as you embark on your journey toward parenthood. Taught by four english speaking experts, this course is inspired by what many couples wish they had known upon welcoming their newborn babies.
Time & Location
May 06, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
The Labour Dept., Postjesweg 68, 1057 ED Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Event
Who is this program for?
For pregnant English speaking couples expecting babies between June & August who want to be prepared for everything after birth and make new friends along the way.
What to expect
Tackle what many couples wish they had known throughout these 4 two-hour sessions. Each session focuses on a different topic, using hands-on & interactive tools taught by our experienced local experts.
- Baby medical basics: Newborn babies can’t tell you if or when something is wrong. As a new mum or dad, your brain will be instinctively wired to naturally think the worse. This session, by UK-trained paediatrician Dr. Camilla, will help you keep calm around the million do’s & don'ts of fumbling through those early maternity days.
- Breastfeeding Foundations: Breastfeeding is a skill that both you and your baby can learn together. Andrea's goal is to help you increase your confidence to follow your own unique maternal instincts.
- Preparing For Postpartum: You don't yet have a baby on the outside, but Natalie's session is all about YOU and helping to create a positive postpartum experience. We'll explore how a combination of tools like mindfulness & processing, relaxation & nourishment can help new parents recover from pregnancy & birth.
- Mental Health From Pregnancy To Parenthood: Here, UK-trained Clinical Psychologist Dr. Naomi will help you realise you are far from alone on this rollercoaster ride, and what to do if you feel like you want to get off! During this session we'll explore the emotional challenges during pregnancy & the early stages of parenthood, alongside how both parents can look after their emotional health. Plus strategies to help manage stress, worry, low mood & more…
Afterward, you will end up with excellent friends with whom you can talk about all things baby related. Sweet deal, right?
What does this program include:
- Four two-hour in person group sessions
- Prepped to parent resource guide
- Access to a WhatsApp group to stay connected during and after the program
- Join four Mama Cafes to join within three months postpartum
- Join one Dad Hang to join within three months postpartum
About your teachers:
- Baby Medical Basics: Dr. Camilla Eiffe Paediatrician
- Mental health from Pregnancy to Parenthood: Dr Naomi Gibson Psychologist
- Preparing for Postpartum: Justine Gomes Doula
- Breastfeeding Foundations: Andrea Hamlett Certified Advanced Lactation Specialist
What are the dates of this class:
This program runs over four consecutive weeks plus a reunion to be decided by the group!
- May 6 10:00-12:00
- May 13 16:00-18:00 - the group usually has dinner together after this one
- May 20 10:00-12:00
- May 27 10:00-12:00
- Baby Reunion to be determined
Prepped to Parent
This ticket is for two people to take part in four two hour sessions.