Join events for free with your membership.
Wed, Apr 19|
Planning to breastfeed? This small group setting will provide you & your partner with all the hands on information you need to start your breastfeeding journey. Topics include how to know when the baby has had enough, avoiding pain &positioning the baby!
Time & Location
Apr 19, 2023, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Amsterdam, Postjesweg 68, 1057 ED Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Event
Who is this class for?
Pregnant people and their birth partners who have questions about breastfeeding! As soon as your questions arise, you’re more than welcome to join this session. The sooner, the better! Please try and join before 37 weeks.
What to expect?
- Useful and evidence based information about breastfeeding- beyond just the basics.
- The opportunity to practice breastfeeding positioning.
- Clear visual examples.
- Lots of handy tips and tricks.
- An opportunity to ask any questions! By working together in a small group, there’s plenty of time to ask everything you really want to know.
What topics will be covered?
- How to stimulate and maintain sufficient milk supply.
- What to do and how to adjust things when you experience pain.
- How to tell if your baby is feeding and growing well.
- Tips to combinebreastfeeding and your working-life.
- Tips to combine breastfeeding, pumping and/or bottle-feeding.
What will you leave with?
- The confidence to breastfeed your baby.
- The ability to support your partner with breastfeeding your baby.
- Any questions you have answered!
What should you bring with you?
If possible, please bring your birth partner to this session. In addition, feel free to bring any pumps or breastfeeding tools you have purchased with you to ask any questions you have. You can also feel free to bring a snack!
About your teacher:
"Marieke supported me with incredible knowledge and the judgement free attitude that I really needed on my breasfeeding journey" - former client
My name is Marieke van Luin. As a midwife, I was always inspired by how different it can be, for each woman, to find a way in the ‘maternal forest’. To become a mother is an amazing, life changing, never ending story. I feel privileged to support women during this precious phase in their lives.
Over time, my role has expanded from being a midwife to an all-round breastfeeding counselor IBCLC regarding breastfeeding in order to provide the best care for each family.
I have been a midwife for 20 years, a co-owner of a midwifery practice in Amsterdam for 12.5 years, and a midwife teacher for 15 years.
In 2010, I sold my part of the midwifery practice in Amsterdam, to focus on expanding my skills and knowledge to assist women, and enrich my work. Since then I have become an International Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and studied several counselling approaches (coaching, mindfulness, NLP, EMDR).
This ticket is for one person and includes access to one Mama Hang at The Labour Dept.€45.00+€1.13 service feeSold Out
Including birth partner
This ticket is for two people (the breastfeeding person and their partner) and includes access to one Mama Hang at The Labour Dept.€55.00+€1.38 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out
Are you a member? Be sure to log in to sign up to member events for free